Before you decide to put forth the money it’s going to take to further your career and get you set on the right path to making the money you deserve, you need to research the available ultrasound technician schools, to find out which schools are accredited, and which programs have had the best success rate for their students. Here you will learn more about the top schools you’ll want to attend in order to successfully make it as a reputable ultrasound tech.
You’ll also find out which schools offer their students financial aid, scholarships and job placement opportunities after graduation. You’ll want to attend a school that takes care of their alumni. Here we can review the ultrasound programs available from schools around the country and let you, the potential student decide which institution is the right fit.
The Ultrasound Tech schools that Feature the Best Sonography programs
The following schools listed are renowned for their ultrasound tech programs:
- Bryan LGH College of Health Sciences – Lincoln, NE
- Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science- Los Angeles, CA
- Columbia Basin University- Pasco WA
- Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences- Orlando, FL
- Kettering College of Medical Arts- Kettering, OH
- Lancaster General College of Nursing and Health Sciences- Lancaster, PA
- Mercy College of Health Sciences- Des Moines, IA
- Newman University- Wichita, KS
- Seattle University- Seattle, WA
- University of Oklahoma- Norman, OK
These are accredited ultrasound technician schools that offer transferable credits, should you choose to attend a different college or program. Vocational schools such as Devry, offer ultrasound technologist programs and also provide assistance with job placement after graduation as well as online courses for those students that are unable to attend class as a full-time student. Devry, like most vocational schools, also offers their students day or night classes.
The Requirements Needed from an Accredited Sonography School
In order to enroll in an ultrasound technician school, you must have either a high school diploma or GED. In order to become a certified ultrasound technician you must have at least a two year degree and pass exams called the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography exams or the ARDMS. Students are prepared for these exams all during the sonography programs. A student will have two opportunities to take the exam before a second failure will require them to take the ultrasound technician program over again.
The cost of attending a sonography school will vary, depending on which school you attend and the type of school you choose. Large universities are more expensive to attend than say, a vocational school. The average cost of a sonography program is 75$ a credit for community colleges and vocational schools and up to 500$ a credit for universities, making the universities tuition almost 18,000 a year.
Some schools that offer ultrasound programs do not disclose the full cost of the sonography program up front, so it is important to get all of the facts before making a commitment to any program. You should also be sure to take advantage of any financial assistance a school might offer. Applying for financial aid can be done online these days or in the financial aid office of most schools.
- Dionna Heinbuch
Incoming search terms:
- accredited ultrasound technician schools
- best ultrasound technician schools
- accredited ultrasound tech schools
- best sonography programs
- accredited colleges for sonography
- best school for sonography
- colleges that have sonogram tech
- accredited online colleges that offer sonography program
- are there any vocational colleges that offer ultra sound tech courses?